Friday, August 29, 2008

Crisp Rosemary Flatbread

Have you tried the muhammara yet? When you do make it, you must make the crisp rosemary flatbread by Smitten Kitchen. I made it, the very night it was posted (we were out of bread and eggs), and it is fantastic. I don't claim to be able to make any kind of bread or pasta but this was easy. I think having a rolling pin would have helped get the dough really thin so that it is more chip-like vs. doughy.

I used a nalgen bottle to roll out the dough and that worked fine too. I pretty much followed the recipe, except that I threw all kinds of herbs in the dough: rosemary, thyme, parsley, and pepper. By the way, Smitten Kitchen is one of my favorite food blogs. Her pictures are wonderful and every recipe that I have made (more posts coming) is something that I would make again. Sorry, no pictures. The flatbread was consumed within 1 hour of it coming out of the oven.

No comments: