Wednesday, October 29, 2008

San Diego, CA: Absentee Vote by Mail

Have you mailed your absentee ballot? Go do it now!

With only 7 days to go until election day, there is not much time to put your absentee ballot in the mail. It must reach the Registrar of Voters (RoV) by 8 pm on Tuesday, November 4th. At this point I would just drive directly to the RoV and hand it in myself. You can also vote in person at the RoV all this week and weekend, see more info on their website.

Registrar of Voters, 5201 Ruffin Road, Suite I, San Diego, 92123
Phone number: 858-565-5800
Hours: Monday, October 6, 2008, and continue through Election Day from 8 am to 5 pm. This includes being open Saturday and Sunday during those same times.

I spent a few hours yesterday filling out my absentee ballot. I found several resources that were helpful to figure out the different sides for and against the huge number of propositions and on all the city council seats for my area, see Courage Campaign and SmartVoter. For the propositions with environmental impact I used the San Francisco Planning and Urban Research voter guide.

photo credit: Cayenne 10.28.08

No comments: