Thursday, October 23, 2008

San Diego, CA: Pizza Fusion

I was tipped off to the opening of a new pizza place in Hillcrest called Pizza Fusion. The niche this restaurant is trying to claim is organic, alterna food. I like the concept that they are going for but my visit left a lot to be desired in the pizza relm. I grabbed some take-out from there a few weekends ago, after they had been open for a month.

PIZZA FUSION
Tried: SEATTLE Pizza Pie with multigrain crust
Cost: $20 (fed 2 people)


Pros: Crust was tasty. Pie reheated well. I did sit at the bar while waiting for my pizza and the atmosphere was pleasant with lots of wood design. I noticed that they had quite a few organic beers and wines, which can be hard to find.


Cons: Bruschetta mix on my pizza was a little oily for my taste. The pizzas were quite expensive for the size. Despite being in the heart of Hillcrest the restaurant was practically empty.


Overall: Try it again, in a few month. This might be just the place to get a gluten-free or vegan pizza. Those will cost you extra, which makes this place out of my price range.


photo credit:
Pizza Fusion by Heath & the B.L.T. boys

No comments: