Monday, November 30, 2009

Winter Wishlist: Boots

Winter Wishlist Boots: I am thinking about gearing up for cold weather in a wet environment. Strangely enough San Diego and Fairbanks, AK have one thing in common despite the drastically different temperatures - dry, low-moisture climates. Living in rainy climates is very foreign to me. I lived in DC for 3 years but I don't think that I mastered the cold, windy and wet winter. Here is what I have on my wishlist if I have to move to where it rains more than 3x/year.

1. Tall waterproof and warm boots that can handle icy sidewalks.

Cydwoq desk boot, pictures from Ped Shoes, 440$. I normally wear European size 39 but sized way down to 37.5 in these American-made shoes. The tailoring was near perfect and good for people with slim calves.

2. Aquatalia by Marvin K, Spunky boot in chocolate brown, 400$. I owned these for about a week before I took them back due to the price. To date they have been the most comfortable boots that I have put on. They have a cushioned foot bed and a narrower calf, though you can see from the photos that the calf area was still a bit big on me. The lug sole is great for slippery sidewalks and all the reviews I read said the suede holds up in rainy weather (Seattle-based reviewers). I am waiting for these to show up on Sierra Trading Post next year. I think the Aquatalia Kerry Suede Waterproof boot is a beauty too.

Wouldn't all these boots look lovely with the Lole plaid Stylish jacket, 190$ (polyester, not wool!).

No comments: