Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sunday Supper: Nevermind, just COOKIES!

Apple and Carrot Shortbread Cookies:
Apple and carrot shortbread recipe was adapted by Heidi Swanson of 101 Cookbooks and was originally from Good Tempered Food by Tamasin Day-Lewis. I am not going to copy the recipe here to encourage you to head over to one of my favorite online recipes sources.
I followed the recipe exactly, unusual for me, I know. I speak from experience that this dough keeps in the fridge for 2-3 days. My house was sans rolling pin prior to the making of the Apple and Carrot Shortbread cookies.


Next up are the Everything Oatmeal Cookies from Susan of Food Blogga. When I was in Alaska last month my sister said to me, "I want to make some cookies with oatmeal, chocolate, fruit, coconut, etc." Sounds like she is craving the everything-and-anything-you-got-oatmeal-cookies. So we got to mixing and cupboard hunting. Turns out we pretty much had everything on the list for Everything Oatmeal Cookies. They sure were good!


Next week we are skipping supper again for my favorite cookie recipe. You are going to want to give them to everyone you know, I promise!

photo credit: Cayenne 11.03.09 and 11.05.09

No comments: