Sunday, January 13, 2008

Red and Green Salad

I cannot believe that we are getting ready to start the 3rd week of January 2008! I have no idea where the time went since my New Years Eve post. Thinking back on the last few months I remember doing a lot of quick cooking. So my next few posts are going to be about quick dinners that you can make in less than an hour. To start us off is a salad that we made no less than 5 times in the month of December.

Celery, bulgur wheat and pomegranate salad
recipe: Heidi at 101 Cookbooks
original source Moro East by Samantha Clark

Click on over to 101 Cookbooks to see the full recipe. I pretty much followed the recipe but I substituted pomegranate juice concentrate instead of juicing my own pomegranate. Most of the ingredients are easiest to find at Whole Foods. You can pull off the recipe with ingredients from Trader Joe's but I thought it wasn't as good.

Here are some substitutions if you find yourself in a pinch:
bulgur = quinoa
pomegranate juice concentrate = pomegranate juice 100%

photo credit: TEB 01.02.08

No comments: