Thursday, May 15, 2008

Gadgets that Work: Milk Frother

During a random thrift store excursion I picked up a milk frother. This thing has seriously changed my mornings from ho-hum to fantastic. My 2$ find is clearly from another decade, I've decided, after I went looking for a similar item online. I got a little freaked the other day when the glass base fell into the sink with a loud clatter. My first thought was, what am I going to do. Now I know that I can buy a similar, but more streamline, Bodum Chambord Milk Frother at Crate and Barrel for a much high price of 24.95$. The frothing mechanism is exactly the same. You can heat your milk up in the microwave for 1 minute, put on the top, hand pump the plunger, and pour into your morning coffee. I will fork over the cash for the Bodum milk frother in a second if my thrift store find breaks.

photo credit: cafe au lait and a biegnet, please from micky mb

1 comment:

Cayenne said...

Crate and Barrel does not carry the milk frother mentioned above. Try Bed, Bath, & Beyond or Ace Hardware. Froogle comes up with the following list of suppliers:
http://www.google.com/products?q=bodum+chambord+milk+frother&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title