Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Being Green: Using the Local Public Library


Growing up my mother took us to the library at least once a week, often more than that. We had our own library cards and bags to fill with books. We read everything. I love owning books but with a small living space, limited budget, and a desire to consume less I have gotten back into the habit of making a weekly trip to my local public library. The La Jolla/Riford Public Library is close to the farmer's market so I can hit both every Sunday.

Search for books within the San Diego County Library system here. You can put nearly any library book on hold and they will send it to a public library of your choosing, for easy, convenient pick up. They also have DVDs and with the hold system, it is like netflixs for free. In fact, every movie on my netflix queue was also within the SDCPL system.

photo credit: my color-coded bookcase by CNC

No comments: