Monday, September 8, 2008

Quick Dinner: Pasta with Raw Tomato Sauce

The farmers' market was full of heirloom tomatoes. I bought a pint of baby heirlooms just so that I could make raw tomato sauce with them. This is my favorite quick dinner and even though I have been making it all summer I was reminded to blog about it in the August 2008 Domino magazine. I boil up some penne rigatoni (the kind with the small ridges because the cheese sticks well to it) and then I dress it with extra virgin olive oil, some salt and pepper, and fresh torn basil from my patio planters. I then either chop up some roma tomatoes or if heirlooms are in season then use the baby ones cut in half. I normally make this per plate so I can add as many tomatoes as I like. Then I shave off (using a good potato peeler) big hunks of fresh, block parmesan over the whole thing. Picture above from Domino Magazine, see recipe here.

No comments: