Sunday, January 4, 2009

Detox: Day 2

Day 2 of detox is coming to an end and I cheated again. This time it was by eating a 1/3 cup of frozen blueberries in 1/4 cup of rice milk. If you shake it up really good then it has a frozen, icy quality. It is actually something I eat quite often.

Detox Day 2 Menu:
7am (or upon rising): Glass of room temperature lemon water
8am: Herbal tea
10am (breakfast): Raspberry and Rice Milk Smoothie (follow method for Blueberry and Almond Smoothie)
11:30am: Coconut water
1:30pm (lunch): Detox Teriyaki Chicken and Steamed Greens
4pm (snack): Miso Soup with Watercress
6pm (dinner): Pea and Basil Soup (follow method for Broccoli and Arugula Soup)

Cayenne's Real Menu:
9:30am: Glass of room temperature lemon water + vitamins
10:30am: green tea
Noon (breakfast): Raspberry and Rice Milk Smoothie
2pm (snack): 1/2 cup pumpkin and sunflower seeds
4pm (snack): broccoli and arugula soup
7:30pm (dinner): detox teriyaki glazed salmon and steamed rainbow chard
9pm (snack): 1/3 cup frozen blueberries and 1/4 cup rice milk

So I don't follow the menu exactly but I think that I still did pretty good. I am short a soup in there somewhere and I don't know how that happened.

{background} I am doing the 7 day detox from Gwyneth Paltrow's newletter Goop. You can see all my posts here and check out the recipes and menus here.

No comments: