Monday, January 5, 2009

Detox: Juicing Fruits and Veggies


Day 3 of detox calls for one of the three homemade juice concoctions. I have a crazy hardcore juicer so LMD and I are going to make a quadruple batch of each juice recipe and then split the resulting juice.

We are going to whole foods to buy all the produce organic. Here is our list for 4 servings of each juice:

beet, carrot, apple & ginger juice
8 beets
2 lemons (juice only)
8 carrots
4, one inch pieces of fresh ginger

super greens juice
4 cups kale
16 stalks celery
6 pears
4, one inch pieces of fresh ginger
2 lemons (juice only)

cucumber, basil, and lime juice
4 english cucumbers
2 limes (juice only)
4 apples
fresh basil
4 lemons

{background} I am doing the 7 day detox from Gwyneth Paltrow's newletter
Goop. You can see all my posts here and check out the recipes and menus here.

photo credit: TEB took some artistic shots of our awesome housewarming present but I don't remember when.

No comments: