Thursday, January 8, 2009

Detox: Day 5

I cannot believe that it is almost the end of Detox Day 6. I am still back on Day 5 - the dreaded Day 5. It flew by and before I knew it, the day was over and I had even missed a juice snack. Not only was I busy at work but then I had back-to-back social engagements that made me not mind having herbal tea at one event and hot water with lemon at the other.

Detox Day 5 Menu:
7am (or upon rising): Glass of room temperature lemon water
8am: Herbal tea
10am (breakfast): Peach and Almond Smoothie
11:30am: Coconut water
1:30pm (lunch): Raw crudite (carrots, green beans, radishes, cucumbers, zucchini) with Carrot and Ginger Dressing
4pm (snack): Beet, Carrot, Apple and Ginger Juice
6pm (dinner): Cucumber and Avocado Soup

Cayenne's Real Menu:
9am (or upon rising): Glass of room temperature lemon water + vitamins
11:30am (breakfast): blueberry/raspberry almond milk smoothie
4:30pm (lunch): Raw veggies (carrots, celery, turnips, avocado) with Carrot and Ginger Dressing
?pm (snack): pumpkin and sunflower seeds and raisins
7pm (dinner): broccoli and arugula soup
12am (snack): blueberries + rice milk slushy

{background} I am doing the 7 day detox from Gwyneth Paltrow's newletter
Goop. You can see all my posts here and check out the recipes and menus here.

2 comments:

marymaryquitecontrary said...

Good grief! I just started the diet and am frightened about tomorrow's recipes, after having the broccoli & arugula soup tonight. I'm not sure if I can take the miso soup, considering that I'm not a huge fan of fish in the first place. Argh! At least the carrot ginger dressing is yummy, otherwise I'd be a lot more nervous about actually making it through the next few meals! Kudos to you for making it through day 6!

Cayenne said...

Thanks Mary!

I thought the broccoli & arugula soup was tasty, even if it was a little thin. The bonito flakes make the miso soup have a fish broth (definitely noticable) but if you use a lot less (maybe only 1/4 of the amount suggested) or leave them out entirely, I think the soup is just as good.