Friday, January 9, 2009

Detox: Day 7

I thought I was going to be more ecstatic for Day 7 of Detox. Instead it turned into my attempt to eat what was left of the detox food. It was not that I did not like most of the recipes, they were quite good. I was just tired of them. I still have a few detox posts coming that will include some of my favorite recipes and tips for making the 7 days easier including my shopping list.

Detox Day 7 Menu:
7am (or upon rising): Glass of room temperature lemon water
8am: Herbal tea
10am (breakfast): Raspberry and Rice Milk Smoothie (follow method for
Blueberry and Almond Smoothie)
11:30am: Coconut water
1:30pm (lunch): Miso Soup with Vegetables
4pm (snack): A handful of almonds
6pm (dinner): Steamed fish, quinoa, roasted squash

Cayenne's Real Menu:
8am: Glass of room temperature lemon water + vitamins
9:30am (snack): handful sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins and dried apricot mix, handful fresh blueberries
10am: Green tea
10:45am: Yoga (ashtanga vinyasa)
12pm (lunch): Raspberry/Cherry and Almond Milk Smoothie
2pm (snack): Broccoli and arugula soup + 1/2 of an avocado
7:30pm (dinner): detox teriyaki chicken and sprouted brown rice

{background} I am doing the 7 day detox from Gwyneth Paltrow's newletter Goop. You can see all my posts here and check out the recipes and menus here.

No comments: