Thursday, January 14, 2010

Living in: Juneau, Alaska

Changes are afoot and the biggest one is that I have temporarily moved to Juneau, Alaska. Juneau is probably the one city in Alaska that everyone has heard of because it is our state capital. It is the 3rd largest city in our vast state and is about half the size of Fairbanks, my home town. I arrived here yesterday after catching a 6:30am flight in San Diego. The flight from Seattle to Juneau is only 2 hours, about half the amount of time it takes to fly to Fairbanks. The other option is to ferry over from Hanes, here is no road to Juneau.

map of downtown Juneau

I am here for 3 months working as an intern for a State Representative from Bethel. I hope to gain some valuable health policy experience through this Representative's involvement on the Health & Social Services Committee. I will be posting as much as I can about my experiences living in Juneau.

photo credit: Alaska map from
UAS

No comments: