Monday, June 21, 2010

Wake-up: Summer + Winter Stripes

It would have been great to have a cozy, lazy morning in my bed, but alas today is Monday. I actually also wish that my bed looked like this with the horizontal stripes of the DwellStudio Draper stripe ash sheet set.
After much debate I ordered the West Elm version, stripe print sheet set in white/feather gray. With shipping and tax the knock-off was half the price.

I have been admiring Making it Lovely's new bedroom makeover with her newly painted walls (color "zinc"), West Elm striped sheets, and Crate and Barrel Abigail green paisley duvet cover (on sale right now).

I think the paisley works with the wide stripes because the paisley is a much smaller print so it offsets the dramatic stripes. I think it is going to work perfectly with my Ph.D. quilt that my mother made.

While on a quest for striped sheets I also considered the pureDKNY pure comfort sheets in thunder and custom made linen sheets from LinenMe. I have used both of these brands and they have held up perfectly after 2+ years of use.

photo credit: DwellStudio Draper Duvet Set, see website; Making it Lovely's bedroom now and read more about the transformation here

No comments: