Thursday, September 27, 2007

Mint Carob Chip Cookies


Today I am celebrating the first, but not the last, time I will turn 29. When I was growing up my sister and I always got to choose what kind of cake my mother would make us. My favorites were peach upside down cake decorated with edible flowers from our garden or carrot cake. I am short on time so this year I will be making myself Mint Carob Chip Cookies.

Mom's Yummy Mint Carob Chip Cookies

2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour

1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter (~ 2 sticks) soften on counter overnight or defrost ~ 2 min in microwave
2 eggs
1 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp mint extract
(?) Carob Chips (Sunspire brand or from the Whole Foods Bulk aisle)

1. Cream butter and maple syrup, add vanilla and mint
2. Beat eggs then add to the liquid mixture
3. Mix flour and baking soda in separate bowl, slowly incorporate into the mix
4. Add carob chips to taste
5. Use a teaspoon to drop dollops onto an ungreased cookie sheet
6. Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes
7. Set out to cool on wire rack or paper bags
*cookies will keep up to a month in the freezer or ~1.5 weeks in the fridge

photo credit: TEB 09.27.07

2 comments:

Unknown said...

those recipes look tasty!

Penny said...

I wish I had some of these with my morning coffee today. It's Monday and I need a pick-me-up!! They look delicious!