Tuesday, May 20, 2008

70s Party: Inspiration

The brainstorming for my defense party went like this: hmmm. party, eh? I've got this dress I've been wanting to wear. It is a bright orange shift dress that I bought at a vintage shop 10 years ago in the Haight-Ashbury district of San Fransisco's (okay, I'll admit I was a senior in high school). PERFECT. Let's make it a 70s party costume party.

I suggest checking out the list here for vintage shops in San Diego. Flashbacks definitely is sorta a one-stop-shopping experience for different decades. Go there if you are tight on time and want some help from the knowledgeable sales people.
Flashbacks 3847 Fifth Ave., Hillcrest , San Diego, CA. (619) 291-4200. M.-Fr. 10 AM - 8 PM; Sat. 10 AM - 7 PM; Sun. 11 AM - 6 PM.

I used the inspiration below to create a yellow and orange theme in our apartment's community room. Upcoming posts on the photo booth, 70s finger foods, and the recipe for the sangria we made by the gallons.

photos: (top) I'm Not There. 2007 film where 6 different characters portray bob dylan. picture from jim emerson's scanners::blog. (middle) looped-spice fabric from repro depot. (bottom) retro logo from computer arts. click here to get detailed instructions on creating your own retro logo from computer arts.

No comments: