Monday, September 15, 2008

Milk Frother Broke!


My thrift store two dollar milk frother broke! I don't know exactly what happened I just came home and it was in the garbage. TEB already ordered a new one so I am excited to see its replacement. In the meantime I have been drinking green tea. I did write down the recipes that were on the outside of the old milk frother.

Hot Chocolate
In a double boiler coming 1/2 cup boiling water and 1/8 cup cocoa. Add 1/8 tsp salt and 1 tbsp sugar. Heat for 2 minutes and then add 1/8 tsp nutmeg. Heat for 30 seconds 1 and 1/2 cups milk in frother base. Put on the lid and froth. Combine 1:1 cocoa to milk. Makes 2 servings

Cafe au lait
Make one cup coffee. Heat 1 cup milk for 1 minute - froth. Combine 1:1 coffee to milk. Add 1 tsp sugar and stir.

Whipped Cream
I had no idea the milk frother could be used to make whipped cream!
Chill 1 cup heavy whipping cream in the fridge for 1 hour. Froth until stiff, add 2 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla. I would replace the sugar with maple syrup to taste.

photo credit: spirals on blue by Idle Type

No comments: