Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cayenne's Holiday Wish List: #4 Spiced-up Chef

As it is probably clear from this blog, I like to cook. I am always happy to receive cooking-related items. I am in need of some new wooden spoons. The ones I am currently using were inherited from my mother and are slowly chipping. I don't want to think about how much wood we may have inadvertently consumed.

I also enjoy experimenting with unusual ingredients, e.g. I put lavender in our blueberry scones this morning. I would be inspired to try new recipes if given any of these seasonings: saffron, real vanilla, vanilla beans, truffle oil, or some unusual salt.


Lastly, we use cloth napkins in a quest to eliminate our paper towel use. Some linen or cotton remnants from Lotta Jansdotter would be absolutely perfect for sewing up napkins.

photo credit: wooden spoons from Live Wire Farm

No comments: