Monday, July 13, 2009

Backpacking: Gear List

Here are a few more gear-related items that can be found in my backpack. This post is part of a series on preparing for backpacking. See my clothing pack list here, sunscreen recommendations here, and cooking gear here.

TOILETRIES
- sunglasses + case
- TP + scent-free baby wipes
- first aid kit
- eye mask + ear plugs
- medicine
- watch w/ alarm
- small lightweight towel
- sunscreen + bug dope (often I mix these together and put them on all at once)

ENTERTAINMENT
- bananagrams or cards
- camera + extra batteries + case
- pen
- reading (The New Yorker or New York Review of Books articles as loose pages)

BACKPACKING GEAR
- sleeping bag + sleeping pad
- 1L platypus + hose
- large 1L SIGG
- rain cover for backpack or large plastic bags (more on waterproofing packs later)
- 2 small stuff sacks for separating clothing

KITCHEN GEAR
- food
- food prep, cooking items

Up next: Waterproofing your backpack!

{recap: I traveled to Chile during the month of February. I was distracted these past few months and am only now getting to post about my experience in South America. Click here to see all my posts about this fantastic Ph.D. Trip}

*all images from the REI website

No comments: